Isn’t potato the tastiest of the vegetables for most of us? In fact, boiled potatoes and a piece of greens will basically be enough for the potato salad recipe. And it is such a beautiful salad recipe that all the vegetables you have at your home and at hand can be added to it.
One should know the value of a practical recipe like a potato salad. Because if you want to watch a match, potato salad will come to your aid, if guests come, you will prepare for the big day, even if it is a movie night, boiled potato salad will come to your rescue, and if you dig your stomach while sitting at home alone, potato salad will be the healthy meal choice for you. In essence, potato salad is a delicious recipe that you can prepare whenever you want and will make everyone happy.
Ingredients for potato salad:
- 1 potato
- 1 spring onion
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch of mint
- 1 pinch of dill
- 1 tomato
- 1 fresh garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 purple cabbage
- Red pepper
- Olive oil
How to make potato salad:
Boil the potatoes. Clean the shells and chop them into cubes. Finely chop the greens. Chop the onion into peas. Grate the garlic and carrots. Finely chop the purple cabbage. Put all the ingredients in the glass bowl and add the spices. Mix by adding olive oil and lemon juice. If you wish, you can decorate with tomatoes.
Do you want to add something to make this potato salad as main dish? Check our FLAX SEED SMOOTHIE RECIPE.
What can be done to prevent it from falling apart while boiling potatoes?
- Potatoes are peeled and cooked in order to shorten the duration of boiling, but this is also one of the first reasons why the potato falls apart while cooking. When you are going to boil potatoes, clean the skins thoroughly with a clean sponge and take it into the water. In this way, start boiling the potatoes.
- Sometimes your potatoes will crumble because the potatoes are stale and the amount of starch in them is not enough. For this reason, be careful to use fresh potatoes that are not green. Vinegar and salt are the most important ingredients that ensure that the potatoes do not scatter while they are boiled. I know that you definitely add salt while boiling potatoes. By adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar into it, you can also ensure that your potatoes remain whole and boil.
- I also have a few suggestions for easily peeling boiled potatoes. After boiling your potatoes exactly as you want, put them in cold water and shock them. In this way, you will make it easier to remove the shell.
- Then your potatoes are ready to be eaten with pleasure! You can use it as a puree, salad or as a pastry. If you wish, you can also cook it and consume it with pleasure.
How to boil potatoes quickly?
- All peeled potatoes are boiled in an average of 30 minutes, and this time can be up to 40 minutes when you boil them in the shell. If you do not have that much time, you can reduce this time by applying these tricks.
- If you prefer to boil the potatoes with the peel, split the peel so that the potatoes are in a full circle in the middle. This will allow the peel to peel faster and the potatoes to boil faster.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the boiled water of potatoes to increase the boiling rate. This will reduce the boiling time and add flavor to the potatoes.
- Chopping the potatoes into cubes and putting them in the water will reduce the boiling time by half. Of course, this depends on the food you will be using boiled potatoes. You can easily use this method for garnishes and salads.
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water in which you will boil the potatoes. Thanks to vinegar, potatoes do not lose their minerals and they are boiled faster.
- You can boil the potatoes in just 4 minutes in a pressure cooker filled with enough water to exceed its size.