What is Dalgona Coffee?
It is a Korean coffee that I came across on social media, and that I caught my attention, I looked up at the internet right away and decided to try it when I saw that it was very easy to make. In fact, there is no different material from the classical materials we use when making coffee, but the result is completely different due to the way it is made.
What makes this coffee different is its foam on top. A lot of coffee and honey in the foam. Another difference is that it requires some effort while doing. Now let’s look at the ingredients and how they are prepared.
Healthy Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Ingredients for the Foam of Dalgona Coffee with honey
- 2 tablespoons of granulated coffee
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of water (it does not matter whether it is boiling or at room temperature)
Ingredients for the Bottom of Dalgona Coffee
- Ice (optional)
Preparation of Dalgona Coffee using spoon
- We put the coffee, honey and water in a bowl
- We whisk all the ingredients with a spoon, a little whisk or mixer until it foams and the color is light brown. I whipped with a spoon for 20 minutes, but my advice is to use the mixer, because the whisk with the spoon is tiring! When we use Mixer, we reduce the whisk time.
- I have to say from the beginning that with this recipe there are two portions of coffee, if we reduce the foam a little, there will be three even.
- Since I wanted to drink cold, I did not heat my milk and added ice to it. Of course, depending on your preference, you can heat the milk and drink it hot or add ice.
- The amount of honey in it may be too much for those who drink coffee without sugar, and I usually drink without honey, but here honey is essential for us to get that foam! It is written in some places that it can be prepared with a tablespoon of honey, I will try it for a while but I know that the more the honey, the more it foams. A coffee that can be sipped occasionally, but not every day, to indulge ourselves.
Enjoy your coffee in advance!