How are we eating and still gaining weight by eating ready-made granola bars, which we think of as “healthy” and “diet”? Why does it cause us to get hungry quickly even if sugar suppresses our need? The main reason for both of these questions is that it contains refined sugar. While refined sugar disrupts our insulin values, it causes sudden hunger, sweet crises, weight gain and fat increase. If we prepare our granola at home consciously, we can prevent these problems and consume it as a healthy snack.
Ingredients for healthy granola and granola bar
- 2.5 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 blender cup almond and hazelnut mixture
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup diced dried apricots
- ½ cup blueberries
- 3 ground dates
How to make homemade sugar-free granola and granola bars
- Pass the pumpkin seeds and dried fruits through the food processor to grind them,
- Mix all the ingredients in a deep mixing bowl,
- Spread the grease-proof paper on the baking tray and spread the mixture on average 2 fingers thick,
- Bake in preheated 160 degree oven for 30 minutes
- Allow it to cool for 2 minutes after removing it from the oven (If you want to make a granola bar, you can cut it into rectangles with the help of a knife at this stage, if you don’t want to, rest it as it is)
- Once this is over for 2 minutes, put it back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes (This is the second time which will make the granola more crispy)
- Allow it to cool patiently after cooking, so it will reach the required crisp consistency.
You can also check HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS: OATMEAL RECIPE WITH MILK for the delicious breakfast!