If you exercise regularly, especially if you set yourself goals such as bodybuilding and building a little muscle, I am sure that you have recently heard of this substance: Creatine.
What is creatine and creatinine, how to understand the low or high creatinine one by one, I will take a look at both the benefits of creatine and the harm and side effects of creatinine.
You will be very surprised when you learn all this, especially you will take all the necessary precautions regarding this substance, which affects the health of your kidneys and liver.
Here you are, creatine in all aspects!
What is creatine, what is creatinine?
Creatine is an organic acid that naturally occurs in all vertebrates and provides energy support to the body. If you heard about this supplement, which caused serious controversy especially due to its great effects on kidney and liver health, and you want to get more detailed information on the subject, you are in the right place.
In fact, creatine, which can be synthesized from different amino acids in kidneys, liver and pancreas, can be carried to every tissue in our body from heart to brain. But why do you think there is a situation such as taking this substance, which can be synthesized by natural methods, from outside by supplementing it?
At this point, we can say that creatinine, that is, the waste product of the creatine substance comes into play and things get involved. The waste left from the creatine substance used as a result of the work of the muscles in the body, that is, the creatinine continues to circulate in the blood, and after a while it is easily removed from the body through the urine thanks to the healthy kidneys. However, sometimes this situation does not happen in a healthy way for various reasons and many tests easily detect low or high creatinine in the body.
What does creatine do in the body, what are the benefits of creatine for bodybuilding?
We have talked about the conditions that can occur in your body in case of high and low creatinine, but now it is time for the creatine substance to be found in healthy levels in our body, in other words, the benefits of creatine.
- Creatine is actually a substance that provides the formation of muscles in the body. It is said that it makes muscles look fuller and also has great effects on the formation of new muscle cells.
- The creatine substance, which is also effective in working with the health of the brain, prevents the formation of many problems that can be seen especially in older ages such as Alzheimer’s.
- Since it increases the energy level of the body, it gives the energy it needs especially to those who regularly exercise.
- It is known that it has effects on relieving pain after sports.
- It largely prevents muscle loss and protects the body from many bone diseases that may occur due to this.
- An important note: These benefits of creatine are manifested in case of self-synthesis in the body, you should never but never consume these ingredients without consulting your doctor and knowing exactly what is happening, since you cannot know exactly what is in the supplements.
What are the low creatinine symptoms and signs?
Symptoms of low creatinine:
- Various muscle diseases such as muscle weakness, muscle stiffness, chronic muscle pain
- The liver’s inability to function properly
- Excessive water consumption
- Malnutrition, especially low-protein foods
- Advancing age
- Lack or decrease of muscle mass
Signs of low creatinine:
- Chronic fatigue, weakness
- Pain and cramps that begin to occur frequently in the muscles
- Abdominal pain
- Bloody stool
Well, but what are the sign and symptoms of high creatinine level?
Just like its lowness, the high level of creatinine, which manifests itself with various signs, may also pose important problems. Therefore, you should learn the causes and symptoms of high creatinine , if you have the following signs, you should definitely get help from a doctor who is an expert in his field and have the necessary experience.
The symptoms of high creatinine level:
- High protein intake (Especially a lot of meat consumption and related gout disease)
- Doing extreme sports
- Various kidney diseases, such as kidney failure
- Infections that develop in the kidneys and take a long time to heal
- Excessive dehydration of the body
- Excessive blood losses
The signs of high creatinine level:
- Sudden cramping into the muscles
- Chest pain, shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in urine
- Chronic fatigue
- Dry skin and itching
- Anorexia and weight loss
What are the creatinine disadvantages and side effects?
Creatine, which is the waste part of the creatine substance synthesized in our body, can cause various damages to the body, and if it accumulates too much, it has different side effects. “What are the creatinine disadvantages and side effects?” For those who think, let’s tell immediately:
- Cramps that begin to occur frequently in the muscles
- Abdominal pain or contractions
- Nausea and vomiting that may develop due to this
- Problems with breathing, such as shortness of breath
- Kidney diseases
- Continuous sleep
- Frequent diarrhea problems that do not stop immediately
- Excessive and rapid weight gain
Do you want more informative posts? Check the Healthy Recipes Guru Blog and subscribe to get the newest posts first!