Risotto, one of the most popular dishes in Italian cuisine, is a classic dish made using rice. When the rice is prepared correctly and the compatible ingredients are used, a meal that will add color and alternative to the table is created.
A unique type of rice is used while making Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto. The frequently preferred wine and cheese flavors also add a different flavor to the rice.
So now when we have the overview of the meal, let’s continue to the recipe of vegan Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto!
Ingredients of vegan Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- 2 onions
- 2 potatoes,
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- 20 mushrooms
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 cup boiled peas
- 1 tea glass of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of grated VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 tea glass of white wine
- Black pepper
For the vegetable juice:
- 1 tablet chicken bouillon
- 1 celery stems
How to prepare vegan Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto
- Chop the zucchinis, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms in dice size. Boil half in salted water.
- Drain the boiling water and take it in a pot.
- Add celery stalk and chicken bouillon and boil. Meanwhile, chop the onions for cooking and fry them in olive oil.
- Add the rice and continue to fry while stirring. After the rice has turned a little in color, add the wine and cook over high heat until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add about two scoops of vegetable stock. As you stir the rice water, keep adding the vegetable stock.
- Add corn, peas, black pepper and salt with the boiled vegetables to cooking the rice and mix.
- After the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the stove. Add a scoop of vegetable stock and parmesan cheese. Stir until the parmesan is melted. Serve hot.
IMPORTANT: It is necessary to stir constantly while cooking the risotto.
More vegan recipes? Here you are!
HEALTHY AND SIMPLE POTATO SALAD WITH DILL (NO MAYO)