Chamomile, a fragrant flower that blooms in spring, is actually more than a plant. Chamomile oil and chamomile tea obtained from chamomile are actually very, very useful for our health.
Chamomile tea has been used in the treatment of many diseases since its origins in Ancient Egypt. Chamomile tea, which contains tannins, flavone glycosides, bisabolol, azulene, terpenes, and salicylic acids, is a very powerful antioxidant.
It is very easy to brew chamomile tea at home. By preparing chamomile tea at home, you can take advantage of its health benefits. Let’s go!
Ingredients for easy homemade chamomile tea:
- 2-3 tablespoons of dried chamomile
- Half a liter of drinking water
How to make chamomile tea at home:
- Boil the water on the stove.
- Then throw the dried chamomile into boiled water.
- Let it steep for 3 minutes.
- Then strain the tea and strain the flower parts.
- Your tea is ready. If you wish, you can add honey and lemon to flavor it.
Benefits of homemade chamomile tea
It is possible to count the most important benefits of chamomile tea, which has been used as a healing source since ancient times:
- It relaxes digestion, eliminates stomach cramps.
- It is good for insomnia and calms the nerves with its calming effect.
- Cures cold and sinusitis; passing sore throat.
- It balances blood sugar and prevents eye diseases caused by diabetes.
- It is good for nausea.
- While it dries the inflammations in the mouth, it also cures gum diseases.
- It is effective in the treatment of allergic diseases.
- It prevents menstrual irregularities and relieves menstrual pain.
- It is used in the treatment of intestinal inflammation, it activates the intestines.
- It works the liver, strengthens the immune system.
Side effects of homemade chamomile tea
Although the great harm of chamomile tea is not known, as with everything else, excessive consumption of chamomile tea can also have negative consequences. In particular, we recommend that you be careful about:
- Those who are allergic to flower or pollen may be sensitive to chamomile tea, they should consult their doctor before drinking.
- Since it contains blood thinning substance, people with bleeding disorders should not use it without consulting their doctor.
- Although chamomile tea prevents pregnancy nausea, it may also have negative effects on pregnancy. Therefore, pregnant mothers should not consume chamomile tea without the approval of their doctors.
- Excessive consumption of comforting chamomile tea can cause drowsiness and an unavoidable desire to sleep. Those who work in heavy physical work and especially drivers should be very careful about this.
Do you want a dessert next to chamomile tea? Try one of those without harm to your body:
Pretty Fit: One ingredient healthy homemade Belgian waffle recipe