Drying basil at home is not as difficult as it seems at first glance. This is a great seasoning that is ideal for most dishes. In some countries it is used in the preparation of meats, soups, sauces. In order for the finished product to retain its properties and flavor, it must be properly collected and processed.
How to dry basil in the oven in 3 basic steps
Before starting to dry herbs, they need to be collected, washed and dried. The leaves are placed on a paper towel to absorb the water. As required, a towel is changed.
You can start drying in the oven within a few hours:
- First of all, preheat the oven to +100 ° C.
- The parchment is laid on a baking sheet and the leaves are spread out.
- The basil must be in the oven for 2 hours.
As the leaves shrink several times, their flavor increases.
How to dry basil in the microwave in 7 basic steps
The main advantage of drying in the microwave is that by choosing this option, you can achieve the desired result in a matter of minutes, not in days or hours. It should be remembered that the aroma, taste and beneficial properties of dried herbs remain at the appropriate level and are not lost.
The algorithm works as follows:
- Gather the herbs.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Let it dry so there is no moisture on the leaves.
- It is necessary to first put a napkin on a plate.
- Lay the basil leaves in a single layer.
- Turn on the microwave at full power
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
After that, you can send the dried herbs to the warehouse and add them to the dishes.