A very practical and healthy broccoli burrito recipe is my new favorite for the breakfast. Whole wheat tortilla bread, boiled broccoli, a piece of yogurt and cheddar cheese, spices to make them even more seasoned …
Broccoli is one of the most beneficial vegetables for human health. It reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases as well as diabetes. This medicinal vegetable contains a large number of antioxidants that support healthy cells and tissues in the body and reduce oxidative stress. Thus, it strengthens the immune system and delays aging. It helps the body remove toxins. Broccoli is an alkaline vegetable that helps balance the body’s pH levels. It can be consumed raw and cooked. Preparing it by steaming lightly is the most practical and ideal consumption method, that is why, I boil it for this burrito for not losing its benefits and having delicious taste at the same time. Let’s go!
- 250 grams of broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat tortilla bread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon mint
- Boil plenty of water in a deep saucepan. Boil the broccoli, whose stems and leaves have been cleaned, for 6-7 minutes in boiling water.
- Scramble the egg in the saucepan for 3 minutes with a dessert spoon of olive oil.
- Chop the peeled garlic into small pieces and rub it with salt. Add yogurt, chili peppers, thyme and mint and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with scrambled egg and black pepper.
- Cut the boiled broccoli into small pieces after draining the water. Put it on a serving plate and mix it with scrambled egg and lemon sauce.
- Heat the whole wheat tortilla bread on the oven or stove. Apply the yogurt sauce you have prepared on it.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese. Add the boiled broccoli. Wrap the tortilla bread tightly, cut it in half with a knife and serve.