Chicken breast is the most protein-rich and lean part of the chicken. Grilled chicken breast, which has an important place in the sports diet and diet lists, is generally considered as a dry and tasteless meat because it is not cooked correctly. Prejudice caused by improper cooking turns the act of eating grilled chicken into complete torture and makes diets intolerable.
With some precautions and tips to be taken before and after cooking, you will find that eating juicy and delicious grilled chicken breast is not that difficult.
Do the first touch when it is raw
With small touches in raw stage, you can both flavor chicken breast and make it softer. The first step to achieve the result we promised is marination applied at least 1 hour before cooking. Dairy products such as yoghurt, yoghurt juice or kefir play an important role in softening and flavoring chicken meat. One of these dairy products and the marination you will prepare with fresh spices (sage, tarragon, rosemary thyme …), ground black pepper will be delicious, healthy and low-calorie. You can marinate with olive oil, mustard, vinegar and fresh spices for softening and flavoring the meat. If you are a soy sauce lover, you can also use soy sauce instead of vinegar.
Make notches so it absorbs the flavor
Not too deep notches (I recommend you to throw it in the form of diamonds) on the chicken breast before laying it in marinating allow the taste of the marination to penetrate into the chicken, and the heat reaches the chicken faster while cooking, and the diamond that is opened between them when cooked provides a more aesthetic presentation.
It is important to use heat resistant oil
Since chicken breast is lean meat, you need to add a little fat. It is very important that this oil is a heat resistant oil. The fat is also exposed to high heat for a long time due to the meat cooked at high temperature without thinning it to prevent drying. If you do not use a heat resistant oil, the oil will burn and spoil both the taste and appearance of your food.
Chicken and pan relationship
If you cook it in a pan, the type of pan has a great effect on the cooking of the chicken. A pan made of a material that distributes the heat correctly will expose the cooked meat to a stable temperature, preventing the outside from burning until the inside is cooked. For this reason, I recommend you to choose either cast iron or thick-bottomed pans.
In addition, the fact that the pan is well warmed before putting the chicken in the pan is an important point in terms of preventing the chicken from losing its water. In short, the fate of the chicken meat is determined by the fact that the pan is thoroughly fried and remains that way.
In the continuation of the cooking process, you should never switch to low heat and cook the chicken meat by turning it over medium-high heat.
Add some flavors to your barbecue grill
The barbecue offers you unlimited opportunities to “smoke”. The most important of these is the method of throwing the chips of some trees containing aroma on the charcoal. For example, if you can find chips from trees such as cherry, walnut, oak, you can first soak these chips in cold water for an hour and then sprinkle them on the coals to burn them. Thus, the wonderful aromas of these fragrant trees give your meat smoked and very different flavors.
- Choose healthy, affordable, tasty chicken meat produced by a brand you trust.
- Make sure that your barbecue is a little higher than the ground and of medium size that can get air from the bottom.
- Take care that the coal you buy is of high quality.
- Don’t forget to use a few branches to ignite the charcoal comfortably.
- Review the tools you will use during the barbecue (tongs, grill, fan, cutting board, etc.).
- Do not clean your grill.
- You can pre-marinate or sauce the chicken meat to add more flavor. All kinds of sauces that contain oil, acids and spices are ideal for marinating chicken meat.
Things to consider when making a barbecue grill…
While having a barbecue
- Leave a distance of about 15 cm between meat and charcoal. This distance ensures that the meat is cooked slowly, thus making it healthier and more delicious.
- Do not leave the chicken meat on the barbecue over high heat for a long time. This process can result in the release of harmful substances.
- Small pieces of meat cook faster, so you can choose products with small pieces to reduce cooking time.
- It is the healthiest method to start the cooking process after the coal has become hot, that is, after the coal is roasted.
- One of the most important mistakes made is that the meat is cooked close to burning. Meats that are shelled on the outside and uncooked inside are harmful to health.
- To prevent bacteria growth, keep raw meat and cooked meat in separate containers without touching each other.
- Keep the tongs you use for raw meat and the tongs you use cooked meat separate from each other and cut meat products and vegetables with separate equipment.
- The most important point while cooking meat is to keep the water in it. If you turn the meat with a fork, the water in it will flow onto the fire and all the flavor of the meat will go away. For this, it is necessary to turn the meat with the help of tongs.
- Do not turn the meat before one side is cooked. With this application, your meats will be more juicy and more delicious.
- If you let your chicken meats rest for a few minutes after cooking, before serving, you will ensure that the meat juice is distributed to the inner tissue of the meat.
Ingredients for Barbecued Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 kg chicken breast
For the sauce:
- 1 large head onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Half a glass of olive oil
- Half a glass of yoghurt
- Spices (as you like) black pepper, cumin, mint, thyme, chili peppers, red pepper
Barbecue Chicken Breast Recipe Preparation
- Grate the onions
- Separate the pulp and transfer the juice to a large bowl.
- Grate the garlic, put yoghurt, olive oil, tomato paste and spices in it and mix.
- Then mix the garlic mixture with chicken breast that is washed and notched, until it turns into sauce.
- Cover it with cling film or the lid and rest it in the refrigerator.
- After waiting long enough (ideally 2 hours or 1 night), burn the barbecue and cook the chicken breast.
Ingredients for Pan Fried Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
- 500 gr. chicken breast meat
For the marinade:
- Half tea glass of yoghurt
- 1 tea glass of milk
- Quarter tea glass of olive oil
- Curry, black pepper, red pepper
- Grated 3-4 cloves of garlic
Pan Fried Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe Preparation
- Slice the chicken breast so that it is not too thin.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a deep bowl. Soak the chicken in this sauce for at least 8 hours.
- Put the cast pan on the stove and let it heat well.
- After the pan is heated, cook both sides of the chicken meat from the sauce.