Pasta is one of the favorite foods of children and adults. The fact that it is extremely tasty, economical and nutritious, fast and easy to prepare has made pasta one of the most consumed and preferred foods in the world. Today, we will prepare pasta in the smoker as the perfect dinner for the weekends where both you and your children can be happy. Bonus: it is easy to cook! Let’s go!
Ingredients for Dutch Smoked Cheese Chicken Penne Rigate Recipe
For the pasta:
- 1 Pack of Penne Rigate pasta
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 liter of boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
For Creamy Chicken Curry:
- 1 pack of chicken fillet
- 1 pack cream
- 1 green pepper
- 2 teaspoons of curry
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the topping:
Grated Dutch Smoked Cheese
Dutch Smoked Cheese Chicken Penne Rigate Recipe Preparation
- First of all, prepare your smoker and take a foil platter
- Then, boil the pasta in water to which we add salt after the pasta is boiled and boil for less than 1-2 minutes that is written on the package (it should be dente as it will be smoked for 2 hours).
- While the pastas are boiled, julienne cut peppers are cooked in olive oil in a non-sticking pan.
- When it starts to soften, julienne chopped chicken fillets are added.
- After cooking for a while, salt, black pepper, thyme and curry are added and mixed.
- The cream is added after 5-7 minutes, mixed thoroughly, cooked with cream for 5 minutes and taken from the stove.
- Meanwhile, the pasta gets ready. Julienne chickens cooked with curry and cream are placed on the macaroni.
- Sprinkle grated smoked cheese on top and make it ready for smoking.
- Place the mixture in the foil platter and leave it to be smoked for 2 hours
How to Cook Pasta, What are the Tips for Making Pasta?
When asked how to cook the perfect pasta, Italians come to mind, they turn even the simplest pasta into a magnificent feast with their various sauces and magical touches. Cooking pasta is actually very easy, but it’s even easier to ruin a bag of pasta if some simple rules are not followed. Here are the tips for preparing delicious pastas and cooking pasta like the Italians.
- A large and deep pan should be chosen.
The pan in which you will make the pasta should be of the proper size. An average of 5 liters of good water should be used to boil 1 package of 500 grams of pasta. The water height should not exceed 3/4 of the pot. If too much water is filled, it will overflow from the pot when it is boiled; if it is less water, the pasta will not cook well and may stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Salt should be added after the water boils.
Pasta should be boiled in salty water, in water that is as salty as sea water according to the expression of Italians. It is necessary to add the salt not at the beginning, but after the water boils, 1 tablespoon in 5 liters of water.
- Oil should not be added to the water in which the pasta was boiled.
There is a rumor that if oil is added to the boiling water, the pastas will not stick together. However, oil creates a protective layer around the pasta and reduces the sauce retention of the pasta.
- Before putting the pasta into the water, it should be expected to boil well.
No matter how in a hurry, you should not throw the pasta into the pot before the water boils well.
- When you put the macaroni into the water, it should be mixed immediately.
It is necessary to mix the pasta frequently with a spoon for the first 30 seconds so that they do not stick together when they are thrown into the water. Then it should be mixed every 3 minutes.
- Pasta should be cooked in an open pot and over high heat.
Pasta should definitely be boiled over high heat without ever lowering the bottom of the stove and without closing the lid of the pot.
- Some sauce should be separated from the boiling water of the pasta.
For a delicious sauce, 1 glass should be separated from the water in which you boiled the pasta before straining the pasta. This water containing starch gives consistency and flavor to the pasta sauce and allows it to penetrate easily.
- It should be checked 2 minutes before the cooking time specified on the pasta package.
In order to make a perfect pasta, it is necessary to comply with the cooking time on it. However, this period may vary due to reasons such as the size of the pot and the temperature of the water. Especially with sauce pasta, it should not be overcooked as it will continue to be cooked together with the sauce. It should be controlled to have the consistency of “Al Dente”, that is, the outside is soft and consistent. Overcooked pasta sauce cannot hold enough.
- The pasta should be drained with a sieve, never washed.
As soon as the pasta is cooked, it should be drained without waiting, with a strainer with small holes. Coarse perforated strainers immediately drain the cooking water and cause the pasta to stick together. However, if the pasta stays a little moist, it absorbs its sauce thoroughly. Pasta should never be washed. Some starch remains on the surface of the pasta depending on the cooking degree, and this starch helps the pasta to hold the sauce on the surface with which it will be mixed soon. If we wash it, nothing will remain on its surface and it will not mix well with the sauce, losing a lot of its flavor and nutritional value. However, it can be washed cold when used in salads.
- After the pasta is drained, it should be mixed with the sauce immediately and eaten.
Pasta should not be kept in a strainer. As soon as it is filtered, it should be taken into the pan with hot sauce and cooked together for 1 minute by mixing with the sauce. In the meantime, if you add the pasta juice allocated to the sauce, it will give flavor and consistency. It is very important to mix the pasta with a sufficient amount of sauce. The sauce should be thoroughly smeared into the pasta, but the pasta should not be floated in the sauce. Grated cheese should be served at the table.